I'm very excited to announce a brand new philanthropic collaboration for us: Patagonia Music. We've teamed up with a diverse group of world-class musicians to raise funds for environmental activism. The concept is simple: Buy a song, benefit the environment. Artists donate exclusive Benefit Tracks – you won't find these songs anywhere else – you buy some great music, and every Benefit Track purchased raises much-needed funds for non-profit environmental groups. Together we form the Patagonia Music Collective. Preview all Benefit Tracks.
How do you hear the music? Visit our new Patagonia Music page and launch the pop-up music player. You can also download our new Patagonia Music iPhone App right now, for free. If you hear a song you like, click the right arrow for the link to purchase it on iTunes.
Hit the jump to see the complete Patagonia Music Collective launch line-up. We'll be adding new artists and exclusive songs frequently. [Featured artists in photo: Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, Philip Glass, Ziggy Marley]
Abigail Washburn feat. Kai Welch & The Shanghai Restoration Project
Benefits: China Branch of the Jane Goodall Institute's Roots & Shoots
Our sincere thanks go out to all of the participating musicians. We’ve been stunned at the graciousness of the artists who so readily jumped at the chance to introduce their fans to an enviro cause they support.
Please help us spread the word by telling your friends and sharing the link to Patagonia Music with your social network (https://www.patagonia.com/music). The program has been getting some good press already:
- Last night the Zac Brown Band appeared on the David Letterman show to play their Patagonia Music Collective song live. Watch the performance.
- USA Today – "Every Patagonia Music initiative penny helps planet"
- ABC News – "Retailer Links With Musicians for Green Causes"
- Entertainment Weekly – "Jack Johnson, Bonnie Raitt and Maroon 5 debut new music for launch of Patagonia Music Collective"
- Rolling Stone – "Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, Blitzen Trapper and Bonnie Raitt Donate Songs to Help the Environment"
- Huffington Post – "The Patagonia Music Collective Launches, Plus A Conversation With John Popper"
- CBS News – "Retailer links with musicians for green causes"
- Billboard Magazine – "Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson Team with Patagonia to Raise Funds for Environment"
- Late Show with David Letterman – "Zac Brown Band and the Patagonia Music Collective"