Patagonia Men's R1® Fleece Hoody
A venerated alpine essential, the R1® Hoody remains the optimal hooded midlayer for the full spectrum of mountain endeavors—now made with lighter and more breathable Polartec® Power Grid™ for outstanding stretch, compressibility and durability with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, this Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric (with Polygiene® permanent odor control) is lighter and more breathable than before, but with the same outstanding stretch and durability
- Snug-fitting, balaclava-style hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; center-front Slim Zip with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Raglan sleeves for increased mobility and off-shoulder seaming for comfort under a pack
- Pullover silhouette has deep center-front zipper to allow for quick venting
- One left-chest pocket has Slim Zip install, zipper garage and mesh pocket bag
- Sleeves have discreet on-seam thumb holes for added coverage in cold conditions
- Torso is 1" longer than usual to stay tucked in under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- 6.3-oz Polartec® Power Grid™ 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 364 g (12.85 oz)
- Made in Colombia.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
In 1993, we adopted fleece into our product line made from post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles. We were the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to do so. PCR® clothing was a positive step towards a more sustainable system – one that uses fewer resources, discards less and better protects people’s health.
Today, we’re able to utilize more sources for recycled polyester and offer it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. We now recycle used soda bottles, unusable manufacturing waste, and worn out garments (including our own) into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens our dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.