Patagonia Wavefarer™ Bucket Hat
Your personal shade awning for beach and watersports, this 50+ UPF full-brim hat is made with 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Tough, easy-care, stretch-woven, 360-degree nylon brim uses durable, semi-rigid foam that floats in water
- Built-in 50+ UPF sun protection
- Treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Rolls up into an interior pocket
- 3.9-oz 100% nylon (38% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- 68 g (2.4 oz)
- Made in China.
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.