Patagonia Men's R1® Fleece Pullover Hoody
A trusted thermal layering piece ideal for climbing and ski touring, with alpine-specific features, such as a balaclava hood, and a slim fit with a long hem to stay tucked under a harness or pants.
- Exclusive to Patagonia, these hybridized Polartec® Power Grid® fabrics with Polygiene® permanent odor control are light and breathable with outstanding stretch and durability; low-profile secondary fabric improves breathability in key places and provides increased comfort when worn under a harness
- Snug-fitting, low-profile balaclava-style hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; center-front slim zip with a soft kissing-welt zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
- Off-shoulder seams sit comfortably under pack straps
- Pullover silhouette has deep center-front zipper to allow for quick venting
- One left-chest pocket has slim zip install, zipper garage and mesh pocket bag
- Sleeves have discreet on-seam thumb holes for added coverage in cold conditions
- Torso is 1" longer than usual to stay tucked in under a harness or a pack waistbelt
- 312 g (11 oz)
Body: 6.9-oz Polartec® Power Grid® 93% recycled polyester/7% spandex with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Hood, side panels and lower body: 3.8-oz Polartec Power Grid 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Regulator® fleece insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth, and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.
The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator fleece insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited. They’re also lightweight and highly compressible for packing.
Regulator Fleece Insulation provides exceptional breathability to keep you dry on the inside and while Regulator fleece provides the same amount of warmth as a much bulkier fleece, it does so with lighter, more compressible materials. Since you stay both dryer and warmer, you’re able to maintain your comfort over a wide temperature range, which results in fewer layering changes and a lighter, less bulky pack.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.