Patagonia Men's KnifeRidge Jacket
Equally suited for axe-laden alpine ascents and critically steep descents, our KnifeRidge Jacket is built from stretchy Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric for remarkable breathability given its waterproof protection.
- Lightweight and stretchy 3-layer Polartec® Power Shield® Pro fabric delivers a unique balance of soft-shell breathability and hard-shell protection
- Underarm gusset and an articulated pattern with fully taped low-bulk, watertight seams throughout
- Specially engineered Optimal Visibility Hood adjusts with single-pull Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system to fit equally well over all helmet types or a bare head
- Two high handwarmer pockets with watertight zippers and stretch-mesh pocket bags stay clear of a harness or pack waistbelt; single left-chest pocket with watertight zipper and self-fabric pocket bag
- Elasticized strap at low back connects to any Patagonia® Snow pants and select Alpine pants to prevent jacket from riding up
- Cohaesive® embedded cord-lock system has two contact points at hem for intuitive one-handed operation either inside pocket or at hem
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- 531 g (18.75 oz)
Shell: 3-layer, 5.6-oz Polartec® Power Shield® Pro 90% polyester/10% spandex plain weave with jersey-knit backer and a DWR (durable water repellent) finishView The Footprint Chronicles
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Designed to strike the optimal balance between weather protection and breathability, Polartec Power Shield Pro fabrics feature a smooth, tightly woven face for great abrasion resistance, and a polyester back for a high warmth-to-weight ratio. The membrane in the middle enables the fabric to block 99% of the wind. The remaining 1% circulates within the fabric which greatly enhances moisture vapor transmission, improving breathability and reducing the risk of heat stress buildup. Polartec Power Shield fabrics have the best breathability in the soft shell market. In fact, Polartec Power Shield Pro fabrics are 30-50% more breathable than windproof soft shells in dynamic or active conditions.