Patagonia Men's Isthmus Parka
This classic ‘60s-inspired expedition parka is made of 100% nylon with PU coating, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and removable hood; insulated with high-pile 100% polyester fleece.
- Classic parka made of PU-coated 100% nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; lined with high-pile 100% polyester fleece that withstands wind and weather
- Two-way center-front zipper and external storm flap secured with hidden snap closure
- Two chest pockets with flaps and hidden snaps, two lower top-loading pockets with flaps and hidden snaps, two side-entry handwarmer pockets
- Adjustable, partially elasticized cuffs with snap buttons
- Removable hood is lined with warm high-pile fleece
- Adjustable drawcord at interior waist
- Lower hip length
- 972 g (34.3 oz)
Shell: 4.2-oz 100% nylon with a polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: high-pile 100% polyester fleece.
Lining: 8.6-oz 100% polyester deep-pile fleece.
Shell and lining fabrics are bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.