Adventure Travel Guide
The nature of adventure travel is constantly evolving and so must our Pro criteria. As local agencies use technology and global communication to align on the ground guides who provide an authentic experience to their guests, many adventure travel employees are no longer in the field, but coordinating trips. Patagonia Pro is excited to work with client facing, technical and sport experience providers. Given the size of the industry, we are no longer working with agents, coordinators, and logistics staff.
- Trips are multi-day adventures with either technical/sport or conservation/culture focus. Single day programs must be permit based within National Parks or Federally Protected Wilderness Areas.
- Certified or accredited guide holding current certs in: WFR or First Aid & Hike/Alpine/Snow Guide.
- Your role within the organization is client facing, in the field, leading trips/excursions.
- Travel destinations are largely remote, non-urban, wilderness or human powered access from point to point.
- Published sustainable travel policy.
*Applications will not be approved after the operational season.
Documents to upload for application
- Certifications and accreditation documents.
- Online guide profile indicating full-time employment.
- Schedule and summary of lead trips
Ineligible Operations or Job Functions
- Glamping, luxury travel, motorized access for the entire journey
- Travel agents, coordinators, reservation staff.