Patagonia Tenpenny Hat
With its full brim, this lightweight hat provides 360-degree sun protection and blends the cool-wearing durability of organic cotton with the quick-dry attributes of nylon.
- Made of comfortable, lightweight but durable organic cotton/nylon blend
- Treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to shed rain and ocean spray
- Crushable, semi-rigid foam brim floats in water; antiglare underbrim
- Moisture-wicking COOLMAX® headband
- 360-degree sun protection
- Adjustable chin strap for added security
- 5.5-oz 74% organic cotton/26% nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 110 g (3.9 oz)
- Made in China.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, we began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of our cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure we are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, we require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.