Patagonia Wind Shield Beanie
For trail running and other high-aerobic activities in cold weather, the Wind Shield Beanie provides lightweight soft-shell protection from the elements.
- Lightweight, stretchy soft-shell fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish provides protection from wind and elements with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Soft but warm Speedwork fabric lining is smooth against the head
- Short brim protects face from inclement weather
- Breathable Capilene® fabric on ear panels provide warmth and keeps wearer comfortable, even at high exertion
- Body: 3-layer, 3.5-oz 20-denier 100% polyester laminated to a polyurethane film and treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Lining: 6.9-oz 85% polyester/15% spandex brushed jersey; earflap lining: 3.8-oz Polartec® Power Grid™ 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 56 g (2 oz)
- Made in China.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.