Patagonia Men's Cactusflats Polo
A classic, clean-cut, jersey knit polo made of 84% polyester/12% TENCEL® lyocell/4% spandex fabric with a wicking finish and 40-UPF sun protection.
- A classic, clean-cut polo made of 84% polyester/12% TENCEL® lyocell/4% spandex jersey knit with an antimicrobial, wicking finish and 40-UPF sun protection
- Set-in sleeves with underarm gussets and minimal flat-seam construction for chafe-free comfort and range of motion
- Locker loop lets you hang it up to dry
- Mesh-lined collar wicks moisture
- Packs small for travel
- No tags at neck for itch-free comfort
- Embroidered logo on left chest
- 179 g (6.3 oz)
5.4-oz 84% polyester/12% TENCEL® lyocell/4% spandex jersey knit with an antimicrobial, wicking finish and 40-UPF sun protectionView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
TENCEL® is a branded lyocell fiber that comes from the pulp of trees that are grown on sustainably run farms certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).
The eucalyptus wood pulp is dissolved in a non-toxic organic solvent. The solution is extruded through fine holes to produce fiber and the solvent is recycled in a closed-loop process – more than 99% of the solvent is recovered and reused. We ensure that the fabric processing of TENCEL® lyocell fiber does not utilize any harmful chemicals (like formaldehyde).
TENCEL lyocell is a high-tenacity cellulosic fiber, which gives high strength properties to the fabric which can then be used in place of other regenerated cellulose fibers such as viscose rayon.