Patagonia Men's Grade VII Down Parka
For thriving—not just surviving—in the most extreme places on earth, our Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our brain trust of designers and ambassadors, resulting in a belay and bivy parka worthy of the most visionary lines on the most intimidating peaks.
- Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximize wet-weather protection with a kiss-coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
- Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticized stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
- Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar around neck; 2-way center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
- Exterior pockets: 2 large chest pockets with zipper garages, and 2 large hand pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open. Interior pockets: 2 catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch-mesh for draining snow melt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
- Elasticized stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops
- Hem-cord routes through mini -powder-skirt and is located several inches above jacket hem to pull jacket toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside jacket or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks
- Hem-cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located several inches above jacket hem to pull jacket towards body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside jacket or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks
- Front shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Side and back shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon with a light DWR finish. Lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex® Quantum® Y yarn with a DWR finish. Insulation: 800-fill-power Traceable Down (European goose down that can be traced back to birds that were never force-fed, never live-plucked)
- 674 g (23.8 oz)
- Made in China.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Traceable Down Insulation