Patagonia Women's Capilene® Midweight Zip-Neck
Our most versatile baselayer with the greatest comfort range is made with Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control and Fair Trade Certified™ for sewing.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Fabric’s brushed-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang drying
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed by kissing welts for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Updated to a raglan shoulder seam for improved fit and movement
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- 181 g (6.4 oz)
Solids: 4.4-oz (150-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ 100% polyester (93% recycled) double knit; heathers: 4.8-oz (160-g) Polartec Power Grid 100% polyester (63% recycled) double knit; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewing.
Fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (30% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.