Patagonia Men's Stretch Planing Boardshorts - 20"
A performance-oriented evolution of our tried-and-true Wavefarer® Boardshorts design, the light and fast-drying Stretch Planing Boardshorts offer a slimmer, more modern profile with minimal drag, 50+ UPF sun protection and highly functional 2-way mechanical stretch. To help reduce chafing, solids and prints do not have inseams; stripes have a forward inseam. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made of quick-drying and superlight 100% recycled polyester with two-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Grown-on waistband; flat-lying fly with a rubber button and ladderlock drawstring closure; durable bartacked drawstring
- Self-draining pocket on right hip has a noncorroding, recyclable plastic zipper with internal key loop and zipper pull for ease of use
- Notched outseam for ease of movement; forward inseam design helps eliminate chafing
- To help reduce chafing, solids and prints do not have inseams; stripes have a forward inseam.
- Hip pocket doubles as a self-storage pouch
- Outseam is 20"; regular length provides a more traditional choice and greater sun protection for legs
- 113 g (4 oz)
2.8-oz 100% recycled polyester with 2-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.