Patagonia Women's Downtown Parka
This street-smart parka has a polyester shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and is insulated with 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
- Insulated with 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products)
- Satin polyester shell has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to resist light moisture
- Flattering princess seams in front and back create an elegant silhouette
- Two-way adjustable, down-insulated hood
- Two-way, PU-coated center-front zipper with on-seam, zippered handwarmer pockets; interior zippered chest pocket
- Soft microfiber touchpoints inside back collar and cuffs
- Above-the-knee length
- 944 g (33.3 oz)
Shell: 2.8-oz 100% polyester solid twill with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
Shell fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of 600-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.