Patagonia Men's Strider Pro Running Shorts - 5"
Designed and refined for the core trail runner who loves to go long, the Strider Pro Shorts are breathable and flash-drying with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Smooth, ultralight, flash-drying 100% polyester micro dobby with 100% polyester highly breathable mesh ventilation panels
- Body fabric treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- External drawcord for adjustability and comfort
- Center-back zippered pocket; four envelope hip pockets
- Supportive and moisture-wicking polyester brief liner with Polygiene® permanent odor control provides chafe-free comfort
- Mesh panels allow for breathability and promote airflow for enhanced comfort
- Reflective logo on front-left hem; 5" inseam with 2" split
- 111 g (3.9 oz)
Body: 2.4-oz 100% polyester micro dobby with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Panels: 2.4-oz 100% polyester highly breathable mesh.
Pockets: 4.2-oz 79% nylon/21% spandex.
Liner: 2.7-oz 100% polyester (42% recycled) crepe with Polygiene® permanent odor control.
Fabric is bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.